In all honesty, the name “Purple Cows” was a huge turn off at first. Are cows purple? When did that happen? Or is this just a marketing gimmick? Is this purple cow laminator fit for our best laminators review list? These were some of the questions racing we pondered on before eventually deciding to review it.
Here are our thoughts.
The Purple Cow has four unique selling points; versatility, eco-friendly, user friendly, and fast. With respect to versatility, the laminator can be used for laminating items of 3 – 5 mil (80 – 125 micron). This really saves you the stress of having to find a matching laminator for every laminating task you have at hand.
It’s fast – really fast – it takes literally three to five minutes to heat up to the required temperature. Although it’s not as fast in heating up like the Fellowes Saturn 3i laminator.
In terms of usability, it’s easy to use. It requires no prior knowledge of how to use laminators. In the product box, you’ll find the product manual with instructions on how to use the unit. Additionally, it comes with 50 x 3 mil hot pouches to kick start your lamination tasks.
To protect your documents from damage, you should make use of the anti-jam lever. Lest we forget, the Purple Cow hot and cold laminator can be used for doing both hot and cold lamination tasks.
- It comes with 50 x 3 mil hot laminating pouches to help you start up your jobs.
- The unit is easy to use and works just fine when you follow the instructions in the user manual.
- It can be used for both hot and cold laminating tasks.
- Fast heating up time of 3 to 5 minutes.
- Some users have complained about having issues with the roller.